 Question: If a tablet does not offer a mouse (you need to use your

finger instead), has no keyboard (entering text is hard, speech
recognition does not work yet reliably), does it make _sense_ to use
LibO for the very same tasks? Or does the "should serve the same tasks"
make things more complicated than necessary?

Creating documents is what I was referring to. mouse and keyboard are things
we use to make the docs. of course we do not have these things. what task do
you think that the tablet suites should serve. viewing documents, thats
nice... but what if you want to create or edit them.

Sigh. The Design Team is not about the look only, it is about how we can
support user tasks by efficient workflows. However, any developer I know

 is happy if things work and look good (without requiring too much work
for him). So why do you think that devs don't care?

because most do not. I do not know any of our devs so if you say that they
are on board and want to make it look good to........ then why are we
arguing. could have saved some time, and id be a little less pissed off
wanting to just leave all together. the only reason I am here on the design
team is to make the suite look better. but if you guys want to contenue
arguing about this I will just leave. no point arguing with designers about
how it should look pretty, that just sounds stupid.

*g* = fat grin

Sorry for that, I assumed it is (now) common Internet slang.

yah never seen that before.

But back to the original issue; asking developers for a new UI without
(the Design Team) knowing what to ask for, is hardly working
together ;-) So my suggestion is that you start to pick some of the open
questions we've raised in this thread ... that would be extremely
helpful and also convey to the development that we care.

I do not understand, what questions are you talking about. one question I do
have for the hole mailing list is what do you think of Citrus. have you
looked at it. there are some who have said that they are interested in the
UI apart from me and Mirek but they have not joined in his and my
conversation back and fourth.

what does every one think of it. it is the most complete UI that has
been purposed that I know of. here [1] is Mirek's LO wiki page that goes
through the basics about how it works, and here [2] is his blog that goes
through much more in detail about it. he is working on something, but I do
not know what. have not seen him in a while.

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Mirek2#Citrus_UI
[2]
http://clickortap.wordpress.com/