Hi

 That needs some refinement from my point-of-view. The devices runningAndroid,
iOS were made for different tasks ... and became popular for that. Today,
people demand to use those devices for different tasks as well - sometimes
it works well, sometimes it does not. that. Today, people demand to use
those devices for different tasks as well - sometimes it works well,
sometimes it does not.

yah the different tablets will serve different tasks but LibreOffice
should serve the same task all across the board... I do not see what your
getting at.

My question here is, what tasks can be improved / are required for
LibreOffice on such platforms. What set of functionality can be derived
for such cases? What tasks will be exclusive for a "classical desktop"?
What differentiates LibreOffice on Android/iOS from normal ODF viewers?
(You got the point, I guess.)

I don't know, maybe a sort of dumb down LibreOffice. not all the
functionality needs to go into a tablet suite. what gets taken out or left
in, I don't know. we will have to decide that some how.

 Why do you think that? As we have different objectives, each developer

 has his own goal (sometimes aligned with the goal of the company he
works for *g*). That means some of them care for the Desktop UI, some
might care about the iOS/Android UI

I think this because most devs do not care about what the thing looks like.
they could make the absolute ugliest UI ever and they would be happy that it
worked. the rest of the world would be absolutely confused but that does not
seem to matter for a dev. they know how to work it why does every one else
have a problem with it.

(sometimes aligned with the goal of the company he works for *g*).

ok that is the second or third time I have saw some one say that. what do
you mean my "*g*".

 What I perceived at the LibreOffice Conference is, that developers do
care about the LibreOffice we have, and that there are more support
requests by them than we (on libreoffice-ux-advise) do currently handle
(providing facts, collect requirements, do competition analysis, provide
UI proposals, test daily builds, ...).

sounds like we need better communication between teams then.