On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 08:23 -0500, webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
On 02/19/2011 07:16 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2011-02-18 14:59, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions a écrit :

Sometime late this evening, or Saturday morning, the files and folders
for my DVD will be online at the following URL.
http://www.lungstrom.com/libreoffice-dvd-project/LibreOffice-disc-North-American-DVD/index.html

I decided to place it online like the German LibreOfficebox.org site has
their developmental version of the German Language European version.

Due to the problems I have been facing with my hosting servers, it will
be some time before I will be able to place 1, 2, or 3 gig size files
[iso or zip] there. For now, I am taking my queue from the German site
and giving the LibreOffice community the ability to look at this English
language DVD and comment about it.

Remember, this is a modified English language translation of the German
site. Some of the parts are mostly a English translation of the German
one, while others are heavily edited. I have opted not to include a
Development section to this disc, since the files online will be more
up-to-date than what will be on the DVD. In exchange for its place on
the main navigation bar, I have a Documentation page. This will allow
for ease access to all of the available [known to me] .odt and .pdf
documentation files. This is something that the average user may need
and want to have easy access to.

To be honest, I started this DVD for my own reasons and use. Now it as
"snowballed" into something more towards what an average LibreOffice
user might like to see with a media distribution of the office package
and all the useful extras that can be placed on the remaining space of
the DVD. I do hope I do the "spirit" of this project justice. I will be
working on this project on-and-off over the next few weeks, as I have
time and my physical disabilities/impairments will allow. With the help
of other on the US Marketing team, hopefully it will be done quickly and
be ready for a DVD iso file so those in the US, Canada, and Mexico will
have a version to download and burn to their own DVDs and
people/groups/organizations will have one to sell for those who do not
have time or bandwidth to download a 3-4 gig ISO file.

T. Lungstrom
Elmira NY, USA

Great work! Thanks for doing this. I am forwarding this to Fabian who
was also doing his own version of a DVD. Perhaps he would be
interested in it too. Maybe he could help out with the ES content. (A
hello to Fabian :-))

I can help out with the FR content.

How full is the disk so far?

Cheers

Marc

It is no way finished and it needs a lot of "under the hood" work to get
all of the parts of the HTML pages and their links to be what they need
to be.

Yes, if it is to be North American, we need French [Canada] and Spanish
[Mexico] content for the web pages and for the documentation, templates,
extensions, etc., etc..  Drew is working on some stuff that may give me
some non-English content, but I feel we will need as much help as
possible to expand it from English to a 3 language media distribution
disc.  Maybe something like Wiki pages with their small navigation bar
to switch between the 3 languages.  I really do not know what it will be
like, since I never learned and other languages, except computer ones,
from my native American English.  With my "damaged brain" I sometimes
have trouble with English.  So yes I/we will be needing help with the
other two languages.

The non-English content: nothing.

The English content:

1] need to work on the DVD/index page to make it more towards what this
DVD will be like.

2] The "extensions", "templates", and "artwork" pages need a lot of
work.  The last to are very "raw" and not reflecting what in the folders
of this DVD project.

3]  The "extras" or other open source programs page is in need of making
all the links the English web sites and other stuff that is needed
changed from a German page to an English one.

The DVD is rough, rougher than the German one.  But it will get where it
should be for the English content in the next week or two.  I just
started the work this past week.  Not ever a whole week either.  Plus
with my on-and-off work schedule, I think that I have done only 8 to 10
actual hours of work on this conversion.  If I was able to work 8 hours
a day, I would be done in a few more days.  But I cannot so it will take
much longer.  It will get done, and you can see what it will look like.
I have it online so people can see the pages and test them to see what
is working and what needs to be done.  The DVD and the web pages work
similar.  One is online and the other "acts" the same but it works off
your DVD reader.

I could use French and English versions of the documentation, the
templates [in the folders], the extensions [folders as well], and
anything else that is not the actual HTML pages.  Then after I have that
content, then I can use the French and Spanish versions of the HTML
pages.  I can run Google's translation service for the HTML, if needed,
just like I did to read the German pages.  The content linked to the
pages cannot be translated that way, as far as I know.

So, any help with the content, testing the pages, etc., etc., will be
most welcome.

Howdy,

Alright - well here is where I'm at this moment.

I have the 3.3.0-2 LbreOfficeBox imsage, with additions, with all of the
html files from Tim's work, as on the website above, working on my local
copy.

I have these files and all of the box original files under local version
control.

There are a number of errors on the pages on the above website, mostly
from the automatic translation error - I've been running find/replace
scritps to clean that up - looks good so far. So - I have a new set of
files, as actual source files, which I can send back to Tim.

The couple of changes from tdf logo to community logo will be done
today, and will go back to Tim with the html files.

@Tim - if you haven't made changes to your copy at this point, would you
hold off for most of today and I'll get these updates to you this
evening, a simple copy to the web server and I think at that point you
and I would have the images in sync.

//drew