Hi Pawel, *;

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Pawel Konefal <polish.apps@gmail.com> wrote:

I've decided to use HTML code and... it is not good.
I think it's also merit of our CMS. That's why our website can have issues
on some browsers.

Don't know what you mean. Can you give an example?

Just look at this:
http://i.imgur.com/A4wdlLc.png
There was many "weird overrides" to e.g. make line, (too) many BR tags.

Hmm. I don't see any br tags in that screenshot (not true, I spottet
one on line 241 - but that very likely was inserted intentionally by
the user, not by the editor component)

And yes, I see colspan="3" / an abuse of using tables for layout
instead of css, but you cannot blame the editor for this, it is the
user's choice to create the page like that.

I know we are planning do something with our CMS (maybe ONLY update, hope
not), but we should not forget about HTML/CSS standard and make clean code.

tinymce is one of the best editors when it comes to creating clean html code.

It is technically correct. (but that is a must anyway) - and when
using the editor's controls it creates clean code.
I consider the code in your screenshot "clean" - as you cannot blame
the editor for the user putting single-item lists into table cells
that span multiple columns.

OTOH you cannot expect users to supply their own css to layout their
lists manually.

ciao
Christian