If you want to drive the site you can login with admin root:

admin/bhorst$1234

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Keith Williams <
kwilliams@thoughtfarmproductions.com> wrote:

Just login to the site, you don't have admin rights, your just a user with
some perms.
admin/bhorst$1234 is password.

9, 2010, at 8:56 AM, Graham Lauder wrote:

 > > On Tuesday 19 Oct 2010 12:39:56 Keith Williams wrote:
My opinion...

Basically the only person that seems to want silverstripe is
Christian.
I think there are 3-4 people here that like Drupal in this group.

Add one to Christians Group,

I tried your demo and I also tried the Silverstripe demo.  The
silverstripe interface is pretty intuitive I was changing permissions,
adding users and groups in no time.  Excellent

The Drupal Demo, I figured adding groups, couldn't figure how to
manage
users or permissions and managed to post content

http://www.mywebclass.org/~bhorst/admin/user<http://www.mywebclass.org/%7Ebhorst/admin/user>

Access denied for testuser login

I did a comparison on Compare between Silverstripe and Drupal and
while
there were swings and roundabouts, the significant difference was that
most of Drupals functionality seemed to come from addons or plugins
and
I couldn't see any easy way of installing said plugins..

You would not be able to install modules in the demo, since they require
filesystem access. However, installed modules (many of which come with
the
system by default and can be considered "core" in an ordinary sense) can
be enabled or disabled in the admin here:
http://www.mywebclass.org/~bhorst/admin/build/modules<http://www.mywebclass.org/%7Ebhorst/admin/build/modules>

Access denied again

On the strength of the above I would go with Silverstripe.

However in addition to that:

Christian has a long history with the project and that does give his
opinion some gravitas especially given he will be responsible for the
CMS in the end.

Yes, I respect Christian, but I don't feel that he is giving this issue
sufficient balance. Having only installed Silverstripe once in a demo
instance is no substitute for real-world experience with a platform. You
may be disappointed in the half-complete Drupal Demo we've tried to set
up, but I and colleagues have implemented Drupal in dozens of real-world
sites for a vast array of clients, and it has stood up to the test.

And please, don't think I don't rate your contribution over the years as
highly. :) and I thank you for giving time to the debate.

The kicker for me though is that at some point in any OSS project
roles
change or people get added to teams for this sort of admin.  The
number
of admins will expand quickly for all the various projects and the
faster they are up to speed on any CMS, the better.  To me
Silverstripe
wins this hands down.

I think quite differently here. There are far more people in the FLOSS
world familiar with Drupal, some of OOo's infrastructure has already
been
in Drupal, and new people who have used CMSs in the past likely have
encountered Drupal. It's tested, it's robust, and it's widely known.

Fair comment and I would agree that the Drupal community is extensive and
passionate, however my experience has shown in the past that the passion
can
get in the way of practicality, however having said that, my thanks for
your
reasoned debate to this point.

My point was that people who are Drupal Geeks, while they may be out
there,
are not always Office Suite Geeks like you and I, the people who will end
up
administering this will invariably be the latter

However, my mind is always open and if evidence is shown to the contrary
I'll
be happy to put my small weight behind it.

I should probably point out here that the IIRC Daniel Carrera set up the
ingots site on Drupal.  http://www.theingots.org Ian Lynch could confirm
or
correct that.

Cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org

--
E-mail to website+help@libreoffice.org <website%2Bhelp@libreoffice.org>for instructions on how
deleted