Hi :)
I agree that's the way Ubuntu do it but as Jay was pointing out we don't always need to follow
their way.  Ubuntu and Firefox have had huge successes in getting into mainstream markets so it
might be worth noticing what they do but we might be able to improve on their ideas.  Personnally i
agree that back-porting bug-fixes is as far as we need to take it but that's really something for
the devs to decide.

I think that this list's function in terms of support is just being able to directly help or
sign-post people to help for supported releases (such as LTSes).
Regards from
Tom :)