In news:j3ap2n$4u8$1@dough.gmane.org,
Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com> typed:
Le 26/08/11 19:14, Twayne a icrit :

Hi Twayne,

But MS fixes their bugs and will continue to do so until
2014 in my case. I am trying to get them to think about
the problem that lost them a lof of people in OOo, most
of which are still in LO, and if you read over to
Alexander's post to me, there seems to be no plans to
pick up the bugs and fix them. They're dangerously close
to repeating OOo's mistakes. LO is better IMO but what
it does not do is what it says it'll do.

Oh bugs do get fixed, just not necessarily the ones that
any given (sub)set of users might want fixing. An example
: Base bugs - of the more than one hundred Base bugs
declared on bugzilla since the inception of LibreOffice,

Alex,

Hope this gets to you; I've never had a lot of luck with responses to the
List (I read gmane's NNTP).

ANYway, I don't disagree with anything you said, but  figured it wouldn't
hurt to voice my opinions. Writer is what I use most right now and yeah,
I've seen stats on Base but I'm a one at a time kind of person <G>.
   Although I still think there is more that could be done I don't see any
dead horses around, so my stick is still put away. From my vewpoint though,
there needs to be a stop point where Writer et al are brought up to the
point where 90%+ of the users can have a relatively bug-free environment and
minimum, work-arounds pointed out for those that can't yet be fixed, for
whatever reason.
   It would save exasperation on the part of your users and put a draw to
the product that hasn't yet been seen. As an example, I don't believe it's a
product that's ready for prime time at colleges or most businesses right
now. I know of two around here who tried to implement LO and previously an
OOo. They have since tossed it out and gone back to WP and MS respectively.
A third one I know of is OK so far and not having any problems because they
arean't asking it to do much more than secretarial jobs. That's only an
experience of 3, but when you consider it, t must translate to many more. I
only know this because I have business dealings with those three places. I
might sound pretty negatve, but I want LO to become big time and I don't see
how that can happen.

Thanks for listening!

Twayne`