In news:1314360010.75144.YahooMailRC@web24103.mail.ird.yahoo.com,
Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> typed:
Hi :)
I agree with that but there is some minor additional
complexity that doesn't really affect the main points of
the post but might be interesting.

Not all "our" devs are volunteers.  I think most are,
possibly "almost all" but some are employees of the
various companies seen listed on "our" supporters page
http://www.documentfoundation.org/supporters/
The employees probably don't have much say in what they
work on.  I would guess that they are told what to do or,
if they are lucky, get pointed at a particular area.

There is a list of people that are credited with having
worked on code but the stats are a bit rough and it's
only up to about mid-June
http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/credits/
I have a feeling the employees might have been missed off
that list although my feeling is that they should be
included too.  There is at least one so i could be wrong.
Probably some people have been missed off but might get
included next time.

The code was (maybe still is in places) messy because the
project is over a decade old.  Things generally need
cleaning occasionally and there was a plan being
developed under Sun to do a massive clean-up.  The move
to TDF meant that could finally be started on.  I heard
that the code is now 20-30% lighter! Regards from
Tom :)

Hi Tom,

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that anythng done to date is useless or
otherwise unedesirable in any way. All I want is for the simple, original
bug list of bugs that have always been there need to be fixed. LO should do
what it says it'll do.  I seem to be getting back noise that says bug fixing
is of no interest to anyone on the dev teams. That bothers me because it
prevents a huge number of people from doing more than testing LO for a few
days and stopping when such up-front, obvious a lst of bugs as exists
becomes apparent.