In news:4E577895.1020607@krackedpress.com,
webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmaster@krackedpress.com> typed:
Question:  Which version of LibreOffice are you using?
3.3.3, 3.3.4, 3.4.1, 3.4.2?  Many issues/bugs have been fixed in the
3.4.x line that has not yet been fixed in the 3.3.x line.
3.4.x reads MS formats better, is one of the fixes in that line.

I've used/looked at/tested out about every version since 2.whatever. They
all read MS formats fine for me; no x__ stuff used.
   I'll reviisit 3.4.x since I never downloaded it, but something on the
page made me take a pass on it but I can't remember what right now. I did
look at the change list though and the changes didn't affect the carriy-over
of bugs or anything on my list of problems. Seems like it was somethiing
about stability?  I'll recheck and download it though & see for myself.

I kissed MSO completely on Feb. 2010 when I choose Ubuntu
as my OS on my new desktop.  Then when LibreOffice came
out I kissed OpenOffice.org goodbye.

Those are my intentiions too but for the 'nixes I've come up against other
walls, namely a lack of apps and drivers both.

As for releasing software with "bugs", this is normal,
even with MS products.

But MS fixes their bugs and will continue to do so until 2014 in my case. I
am trying to get them to think about the problem that lost them a lof of
people in OOo, most of which are still in LO, and if you read over to
Alexander's post to me, there seems to be no plans to pick up the bugs and
fix them. They're dangerously close to repeating OOo's mistakes. LO is
better IMO but what it does not do is what it says it'll do.

  Many bugs are found in real world
testing that happens on some systems, but not others.  When these bugs are
reported, they are placed on some type of "bug needing to
be fixed list".

According to Alexander, no, that's not so. Again, see his post to me. Devs
only want to write new code, not fix code, apparently not even their own.

  Then it is up to the individuals who do
the programming/developing [all volunteers] to choose

No, not all volunteers. Several companies are actually contributing to the
LO project. There is an excellent bit of support behind LO that way.

which bug they have the skills to fix.  I was a mainframe
programmer.  I was really good.  I am not skilled in the
programming needed for developing/fixing code for
LibreOffice.

Same here; my background/time doesn't allow me to be of any real help to
them.  I couldn't fix bugs if I had to. I want LO to succeed, but ... when
OOo bugs are still happily sliding along all cozy in the code, well, that
was OOo's problem, too, and it appears to be being repeated at LO.

HTH,

Twayne`

We all hope that the next release has the bug fixed that
causes problems for some groups of users.  Each release
does its best to have as many issues fixed as it can with
the fixed release schedule.  With a fixed release
schedule, it give the developers/helpers/bug-fixers a
time line to do the work.  Some bugs takes a long time to
find the code that is  the problem.  I was once told that the code base
for
LibreOffice [and OpenOffice.org] is 100's of thousands of
lines of code.  Some are no longer used, while some are
in need of "cleaning up".  The LibreOffice developers
took OpenOffice.org's open source code base and dedicated
themselves to cleaning up all the messy and bad coding
that was in the OOo code base.  They did a lot of that
and made improvements and more functions/abilities in
their 3.3.0 release and came out with it before Oracle's
people came out with OOo's 3.3.0 package.  Plus, the
tech-media stated that LibreOffice was a better product
from the volunteers for The Documents Foundation/
LibreOffice than was put out by the paid employees [and
some volunteers] at Oracle.
To be honest, I was told that many of the bugs that are
annoying LibreOffice users can be traced back to the
original messed up core coding and the fixes placed on
top of that coding to make it work, instead of fixing
that core code that is not working correctly.  That is
some of the hardest work for our volunteeers, to trace
and fix the core coding that should have been fixed long
time ago when it was developed during the time Sun
Microsystems "owned" the OpenOffice brand.
Our developers are all volunteers and they are doing the
best that they can.  If Sun, and then Oracle, paid
employees working 8 hours a day 5 days a week was working
on developing/fixing/improving the OpenOffice.org product and did not do
as good of a job
putting out the 3.3.0 version of OOo as was put out with the all
volunteer package of LibreOffice, we have to give our
people a hand for all that they did to make LO better
than OOo.  Our volunteers are doing the best job as
possible for volunteers and their limited amount of time
after they come home from their paid jobs.  They deserve
out thanks for their dedication to making LibreOffice the
best they can make it with the limits to their time to do
the work.
Sorry for the band standing, but our volunteers are doing
everything they are able to do to make LibreOffice the best free MSO
alternative office package.