On 04/26/2011 08:58 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
<snip>
My dial up isn't free, I actually have accounts at two places that give me access to the internet. One via dialup, and the other is the satellite connection. My original plan was to cancel the dialup service after I had the satellite service under control, but there were other factors away from the dialup versus satellite connections that caused me to decide to keep the dial up.
<snip>

Since I use broadband at home, I wanted a no cost one for those rare time I need to get online with my laptop at someone's home, and not have access to a wifi connection.

I have been using broadband [DSL or cable modem] since the late 90's and very rarely needed to use dialup service. I use the Fax software more often, and I rarely send Faxes.

Now, for those people who have limited broadband transfer amounts or use dialup, LibreOffice people should develop a list of places where you would be able to buy a DVD. OOo use to have many location, worldwide and in the USA. LibreOffice needs to follow that option. The NA DVD project is nearly ready to "publish" its first release of a DVD. I hope to have it available to purchase [cost of media, printing, shipping, etc.] for the lowest price that can issued at. This type of service would be great for those who cannot afford the time to download LibreOffice [DVDs or software alone] via their slow access. Also, if it is printed "professionally" we could have a better image for the business market.

As for the topic of the thread, the more tutorials, documentation, and samples, we could have on the DVD the better it would be for the user when they have a question or just want to migrate from MSO to LibreOffice.