________________________________
From: webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmaster@krackedpress.com>
To: users@libreoffice.org
Sent: Tue, 26 April, 2011 18:13:18
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Writer tutorial ready for upload

On 04/26/2011 10:08 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
On 4/25/11 2:49 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
On 04/24/2011 08:28 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
On 4/24/11 3:40 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

I would like to add this to the North American Community DVD in our
Documentation page[s].

http://libreoffice-na.us/ opening page for project

http://libreoffice-na.us/English/documentation.html Win/Mac/Linux DVD
documentation page
http://libreoffice-na.us/English-Windows/documentation.html Windows only
DVD documentation page

I've tried for the last two hours, and get a server connection reset
in FireFox, as well as Safari. :-(

Works for me today.

The server is from GoDaddy, so their uptime is 99.9x% of the time.
I will look into this if it happens again. It should not. As of 4/25/11
4:40+pm Eastern time, they are up.

For lack of a better phrase, the problem appears to be "system specific" here.

I have a Windows machine, connected to the net via modem at 26.4, and the
opening page link works.  I did not try the other two links.

modem at 26.4? Well that is really slow, and old?

I have a Mac machine, connected to the net via satellite, and the opening page
link does not work.  The others do not either.

I have two leading suspicions as to why on the Mac.  One, I'm not sure
Thunderbird (and Firefox) are working correctly for some reason, and I exceeded
my allowable data download limits for the Fair Access Policy on the satellite,
so my access speed on the satellite has been "slowed" to modem speeds.   :-)

I do not deal with satellite services.  I had the choice of DSL or Cable Modem
for broadband access.  I choose Cable Modem since I am getting TV, Digital
Phone, and Broadband access in one package.  If I used DSL, I would have had to
deal with two companies vying for the services.  The DSL company offers Phone,
DSL, and Satellite TV.

My upload speeds are about 2 to 3 times standard modem speeds, so
uploading/sending large files can be a long process.  The DVDs take over 5 hours
to upload [each] to the web site and every time a new version comes out, I have
to do at least 1.3 GB of uploading.

Hi :)

It is a shame we can't quite organise snail-mail (postal services) to deliver
new releases to people with limited download capabilities.  A few people do seem
to manage it on a limited scale but hopefully this will be a growth market.

As for downloading in order to re-upload to another server elsewhere is there
some way of transferring directly so that we can bypass the download?
Ubuntu-One and other Cloud services would be useful if they could offer such
functionality.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)