On 4/26/11 5:29 PM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:

send me you address off the list, and I will try to get a DVD out to you
in a few weeks.

As I mentioned earlier, there's no need to send me a DVD unless you want me to critique the overall process. I don't need the documentation files.

I tried using a "free" dialup service, 10 hours per month, and it took
over 5 minutes to load CNN.com. The LibreOffice-NA.US site would not
load at all, and it has less graphics than CNN.

Part of your CNN issue may be all the crap web designers and programmers put on a web page. I don't think web designers and programmers give much of a damn about people who do not have high speed. They just want to cram all that eye candy on the opening page, and people seem to thing the more eye candy, the better the web site. Which, of course, is BS.

Even Apple is guilty of this, and I'm a Mac user. All their fancy features are tied to the web, so I don't use any of them. And truthfully, I probably wouldn't use those features on a personal level anyway. I've yet to see anything "in the cloud" that I have to have.

My dial up isn't free, I actually have accounts at two places that give me access to the internet. One via dialup, and the other is the satellite connection. My original plan was to cancel the dialup service after I had the satellite service under control, but there were other factors away from the dialup versus satellite connections that caused me to decide to keep the dial up.

I've had the satellite connection for around 5 years, and this is the first time I've had my speed "throttled" back. And, it's my own fault! LOL I downloaded a number of Linux .iso's and I knew at the beginning I might go over my download limit.

And it only takes time to get back under the guidelines I agreed to in the FAP agreement, and then everything will be back to normal.