Wow!!  Thanks :)  Yes, i do prefer your new way.  How about the 1st paragraph to something like

"
Due to the ever increasing popularity of the free office suite, we receive a
lot of support requests every day.  So, we cannot reply
personally to every e-mail.  Much of the  engagement in the project is
voluntary, either donated by companies or individuals.
"
or keep as you had it.  I think my change lost something.