On 10/05/2012 09:04 AM, Florian Monfort wrote:
Hi,

What instead of debating on whether the two branches are stable or not,
can't we just qualify them as two differently oriented solutions ?

One version for the average user, one version for the enterprise. The older
one being for the enterprise of course.

That is my point as well.

The two lines were made that way for that very reason.

We give the enterprise users the version that is not the most cutting edge and offer the new version to those who are willing to test/use the new cutting edge line till it is ready for the enterprise users to have it.

We all should realize that we will not want enterprise user to use the .0 through .2 or .3 versions. So we give then the previous line's .4 through .5, .6, or .7 versions. Then we offer them the new line when it is ready and then drop the older line. When the old line is dropped, then we start working on a newer line.

For enterprise users we could do the following:

3.5 line till its end of cycle.
3.5.7 comes out next week

     then go to
3.6.4 comes out in Dec. 2013