Tom ,

The new branch IS STABLE. Why is that so hard to understand? We only
release stable versions. So please stop claiming we are dishonest and just
read well what is written....

Thanks,
Charles.
Le 5 oct. 2012 14:31, "Tom Davies" <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk> a écrit :

Hi :)
There is already a wiki-page!  The graphic clearly backs up what i have
been saying.  Presumably the graphic is wrong but wont get replaced and the
new page will just contradict the graphic.  The public announcement
contradicts the graphic.  So, which is true?

IF the .0, .1 and .2 release are the most stable releases then we should
1.  delete the graphic and
2.  stop having 2 branches because any work done on the older branch is
clearly a complete waste of time.

HOWEVER!

IF, as with Debian, the .0, .1 and .2 are for early adopters, experts and
people who don't really mind running into occasional problems and perhaps
even happy to report and maybe even fix things then i think we should
1.  Put the older branch on the main downloads page
2.  In public announcements show-off the fact that new features have been
added (and improved compatibility)  but just say nothing about stability
because stability is irrelevant for those early releases.

What is the problem?  Why can't we be honest?  Why even mention anything
about stability in public announcements!?!!