Hi Italo

Le 2011-04-27 11:36, Italo Vignoli a écrit :
We have been using "freedom has never been so suite" which is english specific but very smart (in
my opinion).

Sorry for top posting.

Italo Vignoli
Mobile +39.348.5653829
Email italo.vignoli@gmail.com

Yes, the slogan is clever.

However, as an example, I wonder how well this translates in Italian? Does it work? I am just wondering if the Italian community will be adopting the translated version. It seems to me that the logo will not be that easily translatable in some or even most native languages.

Should we make a statement now about this and offer some direction for all groups? At this point, the NA DVD (North American DVD) is heading for completion on the ES NA DVD. Should the slogan be translated or should a more native sounding slogan be used? We will then turn our attention to the FR(CA) NA DVD.

In anticipation of this need, if we had some kind of direction/suggestion for the native language groups from yourself (you are our LibreOffice marketing guru :-)), this would be helpful.

I also like the idea of "positioning" that Riemer suggests. I know that you have spoken of the penetration of OOo in Italy. Did you have an Italian slogan for OOo?

Cheers