Hello all ...

I hope all of you are doing well, your key life factors are moving along
with uncanny aplomb.  My realistic understanding is that there will be at
least one or two areas .. Where 'things might be better'.  OK.  I accept
that.

Think about that idea while you wonder why someone you do not know, writes
to the 'marketing thread' for Libre-Office.

Here is a "slogan" ... //Have a nice day//,  //Don't turn your back on
safety//, //Trust no one over 30!//

I'd love to see a poll of this list; how many of you eat "an apple a day"
(slogan)? And also, furthermore -- (*and*?) DOES this behaviour "keep the
doctor away"?

*WHEN* ... you can link a strong *brand* (*apple*) and *story* (*an apple a
day*) to a key *benefit *(*keeps the doctor away*).

*THEN* ... We have what lay-people call a "slogan" or a "tag" or a "gimmick"
or ... etc.

   - An: *whatever*.

Marketing isn't so smart.  In my opinion, what you need to do is to capture
someone's attention; induce or hook into an existing or latent interest.
Demonstrate how your offer fits, exceeds and makes their perceived BENEFIT-s
even better than the dream ...

"A" *slogan* is like other mythical beasts: unicorns, honest males, ethical
sales people, . . ..  They look good.  Lots of people take credit.
Absolutely no one accepts ACCOUNTABILITY when it works; and when it does NOT
work (99% of the time).

If you want a product successful *FAST*-ly (legitimately) make a deal with
someone with what we call "*market power*"  :: For example the other iApple
//*people*// pretty much **need** a credible (non-Windows and non-Linux)
Office Applications solution. 'Cause Steve J doesn't seem to think it was(-*
for* him) important.  [[That's actually off track.]]

A "*slogan*" is the 1/8*th* of an Ice Berg called a "publicity campaign" --
ALSO a publicity campaign is like 15% to 40% of a "marketing plan".

As software engineers; do you always "*grow a human*" from a *toenail*?!!

   - WHY!

Marketing performance and research says:

   - adoption = *better value*
   - Value defined in the Customer/client's terms.
   - People buy/download a story with an EMOTIONAL *benefit*.

'*An apple *[fruit]* a day* *keeps the Dr away*' ... Because

People '*buy*' the benefit of good health from fruit ... "The Story"

A 'slogan' is something cognitive scientists call an "*anchor*", de Bono
identifies it as a "strange attractor".  AND all of the above need a STORY.
A "*brand*" is like the '*title*' for the personality and history for such a
story!

Ergo; if you really want a 'slogan' we need a tale of inspiration first.  I
recall two things from my first trip to the 2nd largest Spanish speaking
population centre in the world. May be 3(??)

   - Mas mas mas
   - Sempre coke a cola
   - Sempre lavas los manas

What was the story?  For the first ... just we do more more more more more.
That could be cultural.  The other two; you can see the Story is long
disconnected.  I am sure in the 21st century -- YOU know the 'story'.

Marketing is 'REAL' (tm) not just play with your clients' money.  Unless you
work for an agency or if you are freelance creative ... then Real Marketing
is not Sales.

*Sempre lavas a Coke de Cola*!!