I would add one more point: currently, a lot of extended tooltips (maybe
most of them) are directly part of the help text. Therefore, if we
excluded
the tips, we would have strings doubled, once in help and once in tips -
and it makes no sense to manage and translate them separately.

but they are between tags <ahelp>the extended tooltip</ahelp>, so
extracted them will remove them from the help, and will not duplicate them.

That's true only for <ahelp> with attribute visibility="hidden" (unless we
want to remove help parts:).

Let's see an example:
Help page: https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Spelling_and_Grammar
and its source:
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/help/source/text/shared/01/06010000.xhp

The sentence "Specifies the language to use to check the spelling." is
<ahelp> and appears as extended tooltip and also in the help page.
On the other side, the sentence "While performing a grammar check, click
Ignore Rule..." doesn't appear in the help page, because it is <ahelp
visibility="hidden">.

Together with technical solution, I think we should also have a general
discussion about help and how it should look like: for instance, do we
want
pictures and screenshots in it? Or any example files, external links...
etc. etc.

Yes, and I know that we have different opinions here (mine for example
is to keep it light and simple :) However, I think we should first work
on the existing help files, move the process of amending the help on the
wiki forward and see how the translation workflow goes. When we will be
there, we should have a discussion about the content itself and its
evolution.

I agree that this discussion should be kept for later; I just wanted to
remind this, maybe possibility to add such features can play a role when
designing the new system.

Best regards,
Stanislav