Hi Markus,

Markus Mohrhard píše v St 02. 07. 2014 v 18:51 +0200:

        I believe 1) is the easiest from the development point of
        view, and I
        think also most consistent for translation - as you won't have
        to sync
        between 2 tools to get the help completely translated.  But
        now I am not
        completely sure how that fits the Markus' current tooling that
        he has
        already prototyped - Markus, can we translate even the
        extended tooltips
        in the Translate extension?  Does that fit you?

I have no idea if that is possible. The biggest problem would be the
ones that are not part of the visible help texts.

Ah yes; so I thought there would be a special page that would only hold
those invisible ones.

I mean, if we had them all using a template like

{{Tooltip|modules/swriter/ui/flddocinfopage/fixed|Inserts the field as static content, that is, the
field cannot be updated.}}

it could be used inline for the visible ones, or in a special page that
wouldn't be part of the help itself for the invisible ones.  But no idea
if the Translate extension can extract only the parameter of the
template in some way if we mark it so, or if the entire above template
definition would appear for translation.

Having said that - seeing what actually is being used as the extended
tooltips, I am not sure if it is a huge loss if we go the 3) way, as
Markus points out:

Currently I personally would tend to the third solution but I
understand the concerns of the translators. My idea was that as we
keep the already translated strings this is not too bad.

All the best,
Kendy