On 05/31/2012 10:29 PM, Coheir Yoshi wrote:
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:13 PM, nick rundy <nrundy@hotmail.com> wrote:
A grayed out Save Indicator is not superfluous!

I find this EXTRAORDINARILY useful to know whether I have added new material to a document or
whether I'm dealing with the previously saved version. The grayed out Indicator communicates
this in a very simple manner. It's perfect.
You can achieve the same thing with the status indicator in the status
bar.  You just have to point your eye to a different spot.

The grayed out Save Indicator is one of the best features of Writer!
A grayed out icon is no feature other than to convey the fact that the
action associated with that particular icon is disabled.  A save icon
being disabled does NOT equal a document is modified; it simply means
that the save action is disabled.  No more, no less.
The grayed out Save button in LO also indicates that the document in
unchanged since the last change. This is a very handy at a glance
feature to know the save status.

Kohei

--
Jay Lozier