Hello Mirek, Björn,

from Björns mail:
I have offered this before and I do it again now. I am willing to help you
defining the requirements. I can help you to conduct the user research to
find
and validate the requirements. I can help you to deerive the needed
artifacts,
like personas, goals, situationas, szenarios. I can help you to work with
them.

I would prefer if you posted a proposal of a way to include these in our
idea workflow [1] on your user page.

I absolutely agree with Mirek. Your offers have always seemed
relatively vague to me. I would find it very interesting to know how
to best work with what you have to offer.

To be honest, I don't have a very positive experience with user research.

Hooey... out of genuine curiosity: where/how have you collected your
experiences?

From my experience, in most cases, the problems with the current design are
so blatant that designer can rely on his own experience with the software
and so painful that the designer wouldn't even think of including them in
his proposal.

To some (largeish) degree that's probably true in LibO... but user
research might at least _help_ with priorisation of problem points. As
in, you or I or [design team member] are not the (only) people whose
problems we are/we should be trying to solve.

It's much more likely that the designer will have some
omissions in his proposal that impede usability, and it's very important to
test for those.
If you know of any open-source tools that would help us produce some simple
prototypes, please speak up.

Seconded.

Foget the revolution - find ways to step-by-step transform LibreOffice.

:) This point has been made quite a number of times before. So yes, we
are covered.

Astron.