So before I continue with the wiki, should I just create a temporary
workspace, or direct it to the whiteboard listed, or create a totally
inhouse separate wiki with wikispaces? Either way, this is what I drafted
for structure and procedures. Let me know what you think.

Structure/Procedure Overview

   1. Master Layout
      1. Prioritization
         1. Research: Pull from what others have done as suggested from
         another team member since we don't want to recreate the
wheel...how well we
         do this can save us alot of time so i think its worth the
investment of
         research (renaisance project, openoffice data usage, LibreOffice beta)
         2. Issue dump: The reason why I say research before we "dump" a
         list of all the issues we want to work on is because there
might be a reason
         we may be unaware of that is the result of what we are
actually looking ot
         work on. This can help us avoid working on something halfway and then
         understanding the true nature and necessity for that component or
         fucntionality and drop it midway. Issue dumping is basically throwing
         together all the things we want to change in regards to the layout for
         improvement etc. It wouldn't be something that is dissected
and refined at
         this point. We just want a huge list of things, compile them in a more
         sucint list. This list would be maybe some descriptions
allong with some
         pictures of what we are describing.
         3. Once we have a cleaner more coherent list that summerizes to the
         best of our ability we would rank the importance of each
issue dump and
         maybe have team members either develop or find proposals for each item
         listed. Note that for every line item, it has a trajectory to
go on its  OWN
         stage process. I would reccomend not to take too much on but
keep it simple
         with tackling on a few items on the list at a time. But thats
just me.
      2. Brainstorming Stage
         1. Here we present proposals and tweak them for each item taken
         from the priority list.
         2. Here we compare which proposals and build upon ideas regarding
         general layout.
         3. Once we pick the BEST proposal it goes to the next stage of
         development
      3. Draft Stage
         1. Here we FINE TUNE the best proposal selected and focus on how to
         make this one idea as strong as possibl
         2. Here we would consider how any future changes of LibreOffice
         would impact the item design that is being suggested.
      4. Final Stage
         1. Here we go over the final vetting  and get it very to be
         produced on the official document foundation wiki
      2. Icon Placement (same thing as above, just simplified)
      1. Prioritization
         1. Research
         2. Issue dump
      2. Brainstorming Stage
         1. Proposal submissions
         2. Proposal tweaking
         3. Proposal selection for Draft Stage
      3. Draft Stage
         1. Final Tweaking of the proposal (that was selected via votes).
      4. Final Stage
         1. Last vetting process
         2. Polish for presentation to wiki page/developers with
         explanation, rational, and image mock ups.
      3. Functionality
      1. Prioritization
         1. Research
         2. Issue dump
      2. Brainstorming Stage
         1. Proposal submissions
         2. Proposal tweaking
         3. Proposal selection for Draft Stage
      3. Draft Stage
         1. Final Tweaking of the proposal (that was selected via votes).
      4. Final Stage
         1. Last vetting process
         2. Polish for presentation to wiki page/developers with
         explanation, rational, and image mock ups.
         3. Mock Ups/Descriptions
      4. Infrastructure
      1. Icon set
      2. Anything that can be downloaded that  would make the mock up
      process cleaner.

The reason why I think this would work the best is because how can we work
on placement of icons or functionality of context sensitive menus when we
don't agree on the general layout? The general layout would be the most
important in my mind because it is the foundation of where things will have
to go as we follow icon/toolbar placement. I think a big reason
why effectiveness eludes us is because in our minds we have different
starting points and assumptions about the layout. If we all agree to start
at the general layout, we have an opportunity to discuss and finalize the
direction and move forward to the details of the specifics of the layout.
Its not a perfect system but I think it has a chance at working. Lastly, If
someone doesn't like what we agree upon with the general layout, then they
can do their own stage process and look for input from other members.

I know this is alot to throw out there but breaking it up in this way seems
to make sense to me, but  thats just me.

JL