Hey there,

The downsides I can think of:
     * The additional button made it easier to distinguish between the
       Paragraph and Paragraph Styles Dialog
     * The button below all tabs makes clear that pressing it might
       affect all dialog elements (which by the way is not true for the
       today's buttons in this dialog)
     * It might be easier for users to find this functionality (well,
       its there all the time)
     * Changes in this dialog affects a lot of documentation, so we
       have to be careful with any changes here

My proposal: Let's collect the improvements proposals for this dialog
(along with the generic button stuff by Astron. Could you be so kind to
add this to the wiki, please?

I want to present a first entrant to the contest:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Organizer-rdsgn.png . I felt
my first hand-drawn sketches were a bit too rough and unintelligible
which is why this is made in Inkscape.
Anyway, it is a bit of a departure from the current Organiser page, so
this design would probably render obsolete much of the documentation
-- I'd be willing to help there, though (as long as it's not on the
order of hundreds of help pages).
* this mock-up doesn't use "AutoCorrect", but rather something that I
hope is more digestable: "automatically update this style when
formatting is changed directly" (I suppose the wording could still be
improved)
* the field "Contains" is replaced by a more ordered and professional
looking list, from which single items can be selected and removed
* the standard button is now a "reset to '[Style]'" button
* I've changed some wording and (unintentionally) left out the "Style
class" combobox that should of course go under "References."