Well, multilingual forums, I think that's important, but not such that
important.

On 01/12/2011 12:10, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

So far, I'm in favor of having separate forums, maybe with a single
login across all the forums. (that having the benefit of being able to
use dedicated lucene tokenizers/analyzers where available).

The "langauge as subcategory of Writer, Calc,..." has the additional
problem of searching across those submodules requires selecting them
individually from a long list.

I just look at other communities, they make subforums (subcategories)
for each popular language on-demand. IMHO, even it is sometimes nice,
but we don't need to, or even sometimes we shouldn't to:

- Have a subcategory per language. May be at the beginning, only 3-4
languages.

- Have 4-5 subforums per language. Topics about Writer, Calc... only
need to go to their own subforum when there are enough content.

- Search should not be a problem. In the search keyword, there should
already be localized keywords, so users only get localized results.

- Recent posts should not be a problem. However, if we are in a forum,
"recent posts" show only last posts in that forum and its subforums,
that's great. And in fact, it's an easy "mod". I agree with you.

--
Nguyễn Hải Nam

Thông tin công nghệ http://www.thongtincongnghe.com/