Hi Drew, *,

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 4:15 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2011-12-03 at 16:02 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
[...]

Thanks - I've downloaded the jforum files locally and have been looking
over the reams of documents supplied..*smile*..so added a little time
looking at the code too.

Ah, cool, so I can get a little technical :-P

I was thinking about the following setup:

en-forum would be the "master" user-database. The user is autheticated
against this one, i.e. the password and username stored there is what
counts when logging in.

User registers at <lang1> → user will be created at en-forum using the
UserREST api
User logins at <lang2> → system checks whether user exists at
en-forum, if so tries to authenticate - if authentication works, user
is created in lang2 (for setting up moderator permissions, the posting
statistics, the karma, etc).

User changes password at <lang> → password is changed at en-forum
using UserREST api

To check whether user is logged in already → use security enhanced
version of the cookie based SSO mechanism:
http://blog.smartkey.co.uk/2009/10/secure-sso-for-jforum/

Sounds OK?

I'm not sure whether you can use symlinks in webapp-directories (for
updating - update files in en only instead of at each individual forum
- what would have to be run separately is to apply any database-scheme
changes if there were any)

ciao
Christian