Hi Sophie

I have answered Jean-Baptiste on the French mailist but will try to give you the gist of my answer here as well for others to read. Michael will chime in as well, I am sure.

We all have to remember that some of these tools are being built into the Drupal site in order to make it all easier for us to work as well as to have access to other areas that we are not accustomed to. For example, some of our membership may have never had a chance to visit different localised sites due to the language barrier, forums, wiki pages etc. By building in automatic translation tools, we can then use the word "enable" in our description of our LibreOffice site. We can then assure members/visitors that the translation tools will enable them to visit any corner of the site without the accompanying language barrier. Certainly, I would propose that most if not all people would agree that the translations may, at times, not be 100% accurate, but it will still give the members/visitors the sense/meaning of the pages visited as well as enlighten them to the other contributing localised members of the LibreOffice project.

A good example where such a tool would come in handy is exactly this thread. How many more people would contribute to this particular thread is the automatic translation tools allowed them the opportunity to view/read these threads. OR for that matter how many more people would participate on the Drupal Website Development Team if the translation tools would help.

Of course, this will all be put to test when the tools and Drupal test-site are installed. At that time, we can all share our experiences of the translation tools and decide whether or not they could be used before the site goes live.

BTW, a good suggestion that Jean-Sebastien had was to offer a button whereby the member/visitor could either turn on/off the translation tools as well as an offer to translate the page for the site.