Le 2010-11-03 09:05, Michael Wheatland a écrit :

Maybe we can setup some kind of integration between the forums and the
mailing lists. Drupal, there's a module for that. (Notifications and
Reply by email)

The question stands, if the system is being driven off a forum or
similar www graphical interface but still has the same functionality
through email, is that acceptable?

Michael Wheatland (Wheatbix)
www.wheatland.com.au/libreoffice

Hi Michael et al:

Observation:

As I am new to the LibO/OOo community, I have noticed that this community is particularly entrenched in communicating through mailists. Everyone seems quite comfortable with them and, by and large, decisions are still being met in quite comfortable time-lines. they just seem to work. All we have to do is to find a way to accommodate those who like a more structured approach to communication. I, for once, would rather communicate through an nntp account. I find the structure logical and easy to use. One complaint that I do have of this, is that my mail is sorted by date and this will sometimes cause some threads to move them about in a disorganised way.

As for forums, I am also on the Mageia marketing team and we also ran into this problem earlier on in when Mageia was formed. A Mageia member then decided to put up a forums board with a "Mailing List to Web Forum Bidirectional Gateway". This apparently works quite well and the connection between all communication modes are practically instant.

mailist<->nntp<->forums

You may want to check into this. The member's name is Tux99 and you can reach him at:

tux99-mga@uridium.org

He is quite helpful.

Hope this helps.

Marc