Hi *.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
Le 2010-11-03 08:13, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Erich Christian<erich_tdf@irq.at>  wrote:
Am 03.11.2010 04:32, schrieb Marc Paré:
Le 2010-11-02 23:03, Marc Paré a écrit :

I seem to be getting an error page for some reason.
http://www.wheatland.com.au/libreoffice/

You have to register before seeing anything or you can also user user/user

Not very intuitive, but well.
Things noticed at first look, even before logging in:
The site uses the ugly node/<number> scheme

When logging in:
The editor doesn't provide way to insert internal URLs,
The available content types seems strange - you can create an
Extension via the site? Doubt so...
and in fact it offers just the regular blog-entry style input.
no workflow, etc.

Bottom line: I's not clear to me whats going on with this proof of
concept and the site Erich hosts - Why not combie the two and work on
a site that will actually work?
If the site at wheatland is only to show a possible structure
(navigation, what content to put under what section) of the site, then
it doesn't need to be drupal. The presentation-document did present it
just fine. After all the best concept won't work out if the people
aren't able to fill it with content, esp. when talking about video
tutorials and similar "fancy" stuff. Those need to be done really,
really well, otherwise you can easily be flagged as unprofessional.

If the site is about to show off drupal's features, then IMHO there is
no point in working on two seperate installations, that will then have
different editors, different feel for the user.

To me it now looks like a split effort

So please work together on *one* drupal demo/prototype, please don't
create drupal instances here and there that all lack basic
functionality, differ in basic concepts.

ciao
Christian