Michael Wheatland schrieb:
Maybe we can setup some kind of integration between the forums and the
mailing lists. Drupal, there's a module for that. (Notifications and
Reply by email)

Michael,

on another list I read about a mailing list/forum system

- one could join the forum by signing in with a chosen ID and a Password.
- when you first sent a message to the list, it made an ID from the
senders emailadress

- each message was stored  like a forums post under the corresponding
thread(>Header<) in the sub forum(>Listname<)
- each forum post was sent as an email.

and users could choose if they wanted a specific list to use as forum or
a mailing list

even the mailinglistusers could use the forum by asking a password for
their generated ID

can this be realised by Drupal?

so each one can use the same Information in the way she/he likes most.

just a thought

Karl-Heinz