The problem that several pictures change its place, remember me how the images are placed in text with the program LaTeX. That program is famous for being the first program (since 1979) that was able to diagram automatically text.

LaTeX has rules of how many diagrams are allowed in a page accounting the space that uses. Generally moves the graphics (or float objects) downstream in the text until fits acording to rules to position galleys of text and floating object.

LibreOffice and MS Office too, has also problems related to image positioning and with both programs I have reached that is preferable to have images not surrounded by text and positioned between paragraphs, fixed or anchored to characters. That's not the way as MS Office works by default, but that can be changed in program's options. LibreOffice by default anchor the images to the paragraph, which is good, but the figure frames allows text flowing around the image. But if you insert the image and not instruct LibreOffice to add a frame, will add it anchored to a character.

---