I have noticed another odd behaviour which may be related to the "picture
problem" vs page formatting.

I have a page in my large doc with only text. This first picture shows the
content when the document is freshly loaded.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzKxVP7gn2uTTTJSdzBBUkNRQ00
Then, after a change somewhere (that does not affect the page count), bot
sure exactly what triggers it, it becomes
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzKxVP7gn2uTT3ZJdzA1cHp3U2c

Notice that the spacing between the lines has increased and that the last
line from the first picture now has spilled over to next page.
Of course, this creates seemingly unmotivated changes in the page
formatting.
Anyone has an idea what is going on here and if I can influence this
behaviour?

Thanks

Thank you Wiebe for updating the existing bug report, that should be
enough. However their reply indicates that it may be difficult to solve.
Not sure that status *needinfo* means, if they want more info from us. I
hope they will take a look at this bug as it is easy to reproduce.

I have seen similar problems with pagination in tables and frames too,
where no pictures were involved. Starting with this pic bug, I hope it may
solve some other bug too related to page formatting.