B.S. schreef op 01-06-2016 22:41:

Regards.

By the way, no one has still not really tackled the question of whether there should be better undo. People are trying to avoid that subject.

People are not giving any reasons for why it shouldn't be there.

People are questioning and criticising the motives for wanting it.

Or questioning whether I really need it (which is that thing Linux people often do).

Or, as the last resort, being in disagreement with the path I have chosen to voice my concerns, which is a public list where everyone can hear it, instead of a bug report that is by its nature, still rather private.

Basically, that's just a way to shut someone up and ensure that the exposure for these words (or those words) would be rather very limited.

Ill intent? Yes it is ill intent and people do it constantly.

A user support list is also a public "face" you might say.

Anyway enough of this. People just don't want the dirty laundry to come out, and so they redirect most or all attempts that indicate that the product might not be perfect.

The website only shines of perfection. Then don't want people to hear a different story, do you?

It's just bureaucracy and I cannot really blame you for it, but it is still what happens.

Negative feedback is not welcomed unless there is immediately a path for achieving the correct result, which would only happen if that person making the request, immediately set out achieving it. In that case it would come across as immediately constructive and speaking well of the product "see, another person wants to get involved!". But in the meantime, when some negativity needs to be uttered without an immediate resolution that will instantly tell a good story about the product again.

Those words are just not welcomed usually and have to be disqualified and discredited with such words as "rant" and "troll" (to your credit you haven't used it) and "is just here to waste everyone's time" (and for no other reason, obviously).

Oh yeah, of course "whine" and "complain" also qualify. To disqualify.

Assuming ill intent? Not really, it's just what happens. It is just the results that you see repeated over and over.

They are not assumptions in advance. They are just repeated observations over a much longer period. And something that gets proven again and again. You may disagree of course.

But the reality is that negative feedback is not welcomed in public, and you may make of that what you want.

Regards and signing out.

Hopefully, really.