Joel Madero schreef op 01-06-2016 22:10:
:) Funny enough I almost did the same but out of respect for your
choice to keep things private, I chose not to. You've not given the
same consideration so:

That's funny indeed.

Heads up to this user - he has zero respect for the community, enjoys
wasting everyone time, and wants to use the list as a means to waste
everyone's time with a long novel (which I rightfully ignored). He
clearly just is using a user support thread for a free and open source
project powered by incredible volunteers as a means to complain and
whine.

Let's explain a little what those statements mean, because it is easy.

First, you are assuming dreadfully wrong intent with everything I have written. That is usually a way to disqualify contributions when you have no real arguments to do so.

Secondly, I did not send that long novel to everyone, so you are wrong again, and attributing something to me, that I clearly consciously avoided doing in the first place. Great for that.

Secondly again, you are doing that thing: embellish your own position in a way to discredit my own. Not only do you have to state, you feel, to treat my attempts here as lacking any merit, but also that my intent is for them to not have any merit.

So that thing I just asked you to do: to assume good intent, well, let's just say that you are a bit of a hard learner in that sense. Not a problem. But still what happens.

You must discredit my entire person to keep support here from other people on this list.

And at the same time, you must slime with those other people, and state how great you think they are, because I just said that you have rather low regard for them.

We call this "damage control mode". I don't think you are all that good at it, but all the same, it is just what is.

Hence all those smiles, and those "warmest regards". They are just a slight bit insincere, but that doesn't matter, it's the idea or the thought that counts, right?

I stand by what I said - the product works for tens of millions of
users, I use it daily for professional work, and I have zero will to
read a multi-page rant from a verbose user that likes going WAY off
topic. He seems to have a lot more time to waste than I do.

Completely ignoring the topic at hand yourself.

By your logic, because something "works" for millions of people, apparently it works "all the time". Or, similarly or conversely, it never fails to work for them. After all, it is just some blanket statement. A car may work for millions of people too, even if it breaks down every 20 miles. Depends on your definition of "working" doesn't it? Further more, it says nothing about things that might be improved, or things that might be individually lacking. It is just a way of avoiding that subject.

And actually I have no time to waste.... but a good reason why I am doing so regardless ;-). Let's call it being destroyed by some people and having a lacking ability to express myself tersely as a result.

In any case, you have zero will to begin with, and that was my point.

Regards.