On 2012-10-19 22:53, Joel Madero wrote:
On 10/18/2012 11:11 PM, rost52 wrote:
This is a very interesting information. I am not really surprised by the ration indicated here. I exepcte finding the cause of a bug takes much more time than final fix. I am grateful to the dev because I know myself how difficult it is to find a bug in a complicated SW.

Question: What means:
- bot lists
-FDO
In IRC (chat client) we have automatic robots that routinely (ten's of times a day) say what patches have been submitted to gerrit (the service we use to keep our code). Every time a patch is submitted the robot (bot) spits out an automated message saying that a person (with a name) has submitted a patch and explains what that patch does.

FDO = free desktop . org (f d o). Ans is where you can report bugs pertaining to the libreoffice project. If you want to see a list of confirmed bugs look here -- you'll see immediately how overwhelmed a small project can get:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=147729&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&order=opendate%2Cchangeddate%2Cbug_status%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_id&limit=0

That is 3,956 bugs and climbing (there are an additional 1,200 or so that are reported but not confirmed yet...the QA team confirms the bugs so developers can focus on coding)

Regards,
Joel

Thanks for the information.

Theh bug list is quiet long.... Hope we get 100 new devs eager to fix bugs.... or should I retiere earlier and learn C++....