Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2012 Archives by date, by thread · List index

       ... Thanks  :-)
              maybe now more will realize what we're saying   ;-)

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Pertti Rönnberg <> wrote:

BRAVO Anne-Ology!!
Exactly that message - only in other words -- I have repeatedly tried to
tell to the LibO-experts (devs) since January:
they must take a brake in developing and take a certain version (e.g.
3.4.xx) and make every module of the suite - Base included - absolutely
free of bugs and inconsistencies both in programming and the instructions
and especially the LibO-Help.
Every feature shall have a clear explanation and a detailed guiding how-to
in the LibO-Help -- easily understood by any average non-expert user.

Obviously I've been crying in vain because I have not noticed any
(re)actions -- the developing of new versions is continuing with the result
of an increasing activity on this list.

I have LibO3.4.6 installed (Win7) but avoid using it (Calc, Base) because
I have better to do than struggle with problems.
I would like to know which LibO version for the time being can be
considered as the most reliable and productive -- especially regarding Base.
It would also be interesting to see an (valid) evaluation of that reliable
usability on a scale 1-10 for each of the the different modules of versions
3.4.xx, 3.5.xx.x, 3.6.xx.x
Pertti Rönnberg

On 16.10.2012 18:15, anne-ology wrote:

        This is the reason I have no intention of updating from 3.4 until
ALL these bugs are worked out -
             then I'll update to 3.5; yes, I'll always be behind BUT I
have the hassles of these bugs  ;-)

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:22 AM, teatimest <> wrote:

I've been using v3.4 of LibreOffice. I updated to v3.6.2.2 and now the

contents of documents are not indexed for search.

I'm using 64-bit Windows 7. The extension odt is checked for the indexing
option. I also checked the "Index Properties and File Contents" in the
Indexing Option in Windows.

When I search, doc files and ppt files appears in the result but not odt

Is it just me or is this known bug? The same thing happened when I
to v3.5 so I went back to v3.4 for the searchability. Is there any


For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.