Hi MiguelAngel,

That's cool.

Just this last weekend I spent a lot of time trying to do exactly that -
using shell script - reading line by line and then extracting the alphanums
from a csv.

This is way too fast and easy. Thanks,It won't address the "Multiple font effects in a single cell"
issue. (Right?)

BTW, I do not understand one thing.

imo, from ease point of view the world moved from scripts to spreadsheets etc

applications and now everybody wants to program them!?

Thanks,
Regards,
Viral Orpe :)
Processor  : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual Core E6600 CPU 3.00GHz
Memory     : 4GB, DDR3
OS            : Linux Mint 12 Lisa - Kernel Linux 3.0.0-13-generic (i686)
LibreOffice : LibreOffice 3.4.3  OOO340m1 (Build:302)