Yes, I think we both (and I am sure that there are many more) want the same thing: LO being successful and known as the best Office package and available also for people who just cannot afford to buy an Office package.

I also understand that devs are easier to get for programming new features because this frontier work. I can understand this very well because I used to work on frontier work myself for many years.

However, I also learned that things must be made stable. My business now is nothing else but making operations stable. Coming from that point of view I only can encourage devs to put in all their pride in getting LO branches stable ASAP. I feel good when I get an operation stable and a dev can feel the same way. It might even be harder to get bugs out because it must first be understood what causes the bug.

If I would learn about a dev who removed a bug I reported, I thank him personally! (If there is a list where I can see it, I appreciate a lot information on where such a list is published on the web.)

I can not contribute more than bug reporting. I do this for all bugs I find and which I can document somehow. It takes me a lot of time - a loss in my productivity - but I am willing to do so. My small contribution to the LO project which I like. Currently I only can do this for my production version (3.5.6.2). But I would actually like to run 2 versions on my PC: a stable one with almost no bugs, and a newer one with new features and bugs. (This idea was expressed already by Tom, anne-ology and maybe some other as well.) By doing so I can use time for searching bugs in the newer version, and when I am very busy (= I need a high productivity) I can just use the stable version. For me such a possibility would push the LO project forward at very high speed.

The success of SW is a combination of features and stability (= productivity increase). This means the right balance is needed. The right balance of dev power for new feature compared to dev power to fix bugs is the trick task which need to be done.