Thanks for this explanations. I will now make the step to 3.5.7....On 18.10.2012 18:41, Tom Davies
wrote:
Hi :)The upgrade from 3.5.x to 3.5.7 is extremely unlikely to cause
        problems.That 3rd digit is roughly like a "Service Pack"
        number, but divide it by 2 because MS only does 3 SPs whereas LO
        does 6 or 7.The 3.x.7 aims at avoiding introducing new features!New
        features are mostly in the 3.6.x or being lined-up for the
        3.7.0.The 3.5.7 is likely to just have fixes for any lingering
        problems in the 3.5.6.Most of those fixes will be being
        merging into the 3.6.3 and .4.At least that's how i imagine it
        works.Certainly once that 3rd digit reaches .4 the branch
        seems a lotmore stable.Regards fromTom :)
From:anne-ologylaginnis@gmail.comTo:Dr. R. O
Stapfreinhold@stapf-online.comCc:users@global.libreoffice.orgSent:Thursday, 18 October 2012,
2:31Subject:Re: [libreoffice-users] Indexing for Search not
                    working?
and now we're 3:-)On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Dr. R. O Stapfreinhold@stapf-online.comwrote:On
17.10.2012 16:07, Pertti Rnnberg wrote:BRAVO Anne-Ology!!Exactly that message - only in other words
-- I
                have repeatedly tried totell to the LibO-experts (devs) since January:they must
take a brake in developing and take a
                certain version (e.g.3.4.xx) and make every module of the suite -
                Base included - absolutelyfree of bugs and inconsistencies both in
                programming and the instructionsand especially the LibO-Help.Every feature shall
have a clear explanation
                and a detailed guidinghow-to in the LibO-Help -- easily understood by
                any average non-expertuser.I cannot agree more.I started with 3.5.4 a few month ago
and saw some
                problems disappearing in3.5.5 and 3.5.6. Currently I am hesitating to
                upgrade to 3.5.7.I hope the dev-team listens to Pertti's words.--For unsubscribe
instructions e-mail to:
 guidelines + more:http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/NetiquetteList
archive:http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/All messages sent to this list will be
publicly archived