On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Girvin R. Herr wrote:

I think I discovered the secret. In this group now, it appears when someone "Reply-All"s to a posting, The "To:" comes from the "From:" posting header entry, which is the poster's address and not practical to filter on in this case. However, the group address (users@global.libreoffice.org) is inserted into the "Cc:" field. So, tried using "users@global.libreoffice.org" in both the "Cc:" filter field as well as the "To:" filter field. I don't know what side-effects this will generate in the long run, but it seems to be working for me so far. I never filter on "Subject:" unless there is some constant in there to grab onto and it is the only option. Another poster above suggested filtering on the "[libreoffice-users]" in the subject field. That should work, but I don't trust it to stay constant. However, that is an option. Girvin Herr

this is the way it works in 'alpine' so this post will be sent under "To:" to you and "webmaster-kracked_p_p" while "Reply:" goes to the list.

to me it feels like an inversion of the 'natural order' since I don't want to post to either of you _specifically_.

I am not sure the consequences are dire at least in the case of 'alpine'; for instance, I believe the list management software prevents duplication of posts.

but I guess I still don't get the point of this change. so some people do want to address individuals and forget they have aimed their email at the list? how does this change help those forgetful sorts?

F.

--
Felmon Davis

Things present are judged by things past.  -- Sanford