On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Gordon Burgess-Parker
<gbplinux@gmail.com>wrote:

On 12/02/2012 23:25, Jay Lozier wrote:

On 02/12/2012 06:09 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 02/12/2012 01:52 PM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

On 08/02/2012 12:57, James Knott wrote:

Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

On 07/02/2012 13:03, e-letter wrote:

It is not known from the original poster _why_ the sheets needed to
be changed.

Jeeze. DOES IT MATTER? No of course it doesn't MATTER.

When you try to provide computer support, you'll often find someone is
trying to solve the wrong problem. When you know what they're trying
to do, you are then in a position to help them.

So, yes it does matter.

 Trust me. I'm NOT asking the wrong question, neither am I trying to
solve the wrong problem. I am an EXPERIENCED (as in 20 years) user of
all types of spreadsheet, which if you'd read my other ;posts you would
see.

We're not remote-sensing mind-readers.

James Knott has a very valid point, one which I myself have suffered
through over the decades: power user or newbie developer has skills
inadequate to the task, but doesn't know it, so asks "How do I snagglethrob
the doohickey?" when the correct question is, "What's the best way to make
*this* report run faster?" and so let the Expert possibly come up with an
idea that the power user never would have thought of.

 I think many of us, including myself, have a tendency to try fitting a
square peg in a round hole because we know the square peg tool and not the
round hole tool.

 But the point I made in other posts is that the square peg tool isn't
necessary - that's why I am using the round-peg tool, and it's nobodies
business but mine!

With that attitude, you'll be lucky to get any help at all.