Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

Using the RTF as provided in Robert's e-mail, Wordpad displays everything
through the "Total amount due" row and that is the end.  The additional
RTF
after that row is has no effect.
Same here, I've got other similar invoices but they display OK. Now trying
to figure out the difference.

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

In Microsoft Word 2010, the document displays completely, all the way down
the Registered in England line with VAT number placeholder at the bottom
of
the page.

Libre Office 3.3.2 also opens the RTF document perfectly, except that one
line
at the bottom of the page rolls off onto a separate sheet.  The layout is
not
quite so faithful as the Word 2010 appears to be.

I saved the Word version as an ODF Text (.odt) document and it is all
there.
I had to delete two rows of blank lines to get the bottom matter back onto
the
single sheet (perhaps because of default paper-size differences on my US
configuration).
The document is for (European) A4, and US Letter is ~18 mm shorter, which
explains the page-overflow.

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

I can make the ODT available to Robert if that satisfies his short-term
requirement.  It doesn't explain why WordPad 6.1 SP1 stumbles.
No need, these are old invoices, I can make future ones with Writer, but
given the fact hat the full RTF spec is available, I would have expected
Writer to handle it.

Robert