On 07/09/2011, Andreas Säger <villeroy@t-online.de> wrote:
Am 07.09.2011 09:56, Roelof Oomen wrote:

Should I file a bug? Or is someone interested in the file in order to
improve the xlsx saving abilities of Calc?

To reiterate, the priority for calc is improvement in native file
format behaviour. If you want to save in m$ formats why have you not
bought m$o???

- Saving xlsx in Calc helps MS to spread a file format that has been
bribed through the standardization boards to fight the existing ODF
standard (odt, ods, odp, odg).

This is an incredible distinction between m$ formats. The undeniable
fact is, saving any document in _any_ m$ format maintains the
dominance of these formats.

- For MS incompatibility is a feature.

"Compatibility" can not be a one-way street.

As proposed in previous posts, it should be for LO: import in any
format, create only odt/(x)html/pdf etc. formats.

Solution #1:
Send back an xls version of that file and ask them to exchange
spreadsheets in that format.

Better still, send in ods and ask the recipient to use LO. If the
suggestion is declined, buy m$o. When minor incompatibility is
discovered between m$ hardware and software, such bugs should be
published to m$ and not here!

On top of all this, I am convinced that LibreOffice must not write MS
OOXML. This is an anti-feature against our own interests.

Would be interested to hear your explanation why other m$ formats are
_not_ against the interests of LO (i.e. increased _visible_ usage of
odt. Using LO to write m$ formats should be considered invisible
usage, of what benefit exactly?).