From: "webmaster for Kracked Press Productions" <webmaster@krackedpress.com>

Max speed by "regulation or law" is 54 K[something]  Buy a 56.6 modem and you are not
allowed to go beyond 54 [whatever].  Crappy law/regulation for the Telecom industry.

Thank goodness that I have cable-modem broadband download speeds of up to 10 to 15 MB/s
[advertised], but most sites, and a problem with the too-cluttered broadband service
node [their tech/repair guy tells me] usually gives me a 1.5 to 2.0 MB/s download speed.
They advertise I can go up-to 50MB/s, but they would have 10 times the number of digital
cable/phone/net users on this service area node than should be [2000 instead of 200] and
there is no money to fix that.  My building itself has 200+ apartments, so it/we should
be a single service area node by itself/ourself, but no money to upgrade the service
lines, the repair people keep telling me.

You too are confusing nomenclature.  Broadband and DUN are rated at bits per second.
Thus Cable and FiOS are rated at 1.5Mb/s ~ 50Mb/s [188KB/s ~ 6.25MB/s]
Cellular broadband rates are not given, they use terminology such as 3G and 4G.
{ Actually FiOS is variably rated for symettrical and assymetrical and can go higher than
50Mb/s.  It is just a matter of what you want to pay for. }

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp