Hi All,

I've worked in multinationals and for governments in Europe and the US. I
know how email dependent they are.
But I've also worked with Taiwan and Korean business. And 20 years ago
already they were moving to mobile.
Also, outside the old stile corporate and gov bubbles, most communication
today is done without email. And in some cases even already without domain
names.

Still, email is big, I agree. But it is clearly not the future. The main
reason being that the protocol was developed in a different technological
reality (no mobile, no internet). All attempts to adapt the protocol to
modern needs fail time and time again. And there are obvious technological
reasons for it.
Consequently, governments, banks and corporate client communication is
moving to dedicated message boxes. Not using email anymore. This is because
that way they can control the privacy. Email (or RCS
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Communication_Services>) then is only
used to inform about new messages in the private inbox.

The root cause is that an email address is not a unique end user ID but a
unique server user ID. The ITU phone number system however is a unique end
user ID system.
Google and Apple clearly have identified this reality, and also are moving
step by step towards mobile phone numbering rather than email addressing.
But always inside their bubble(Android or iOS), of course.
Signal is open source, works on all platforms already and offers all the
modern communication facilities.

I recommend integrating Signal into LibreOffice rather than email. We
should look at Google and Apple for what the market is doing. Not the old
dinosaurs like IBM and Microsoft are pointing the way, but they are.

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,
Boudi van Vlijmen.

*Because email is an old and insecure first generation internet protocol we
will, **in time,  stop** to use email. If you want to contact us and are
not known with us, you can use the web contact form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeW6oPf3_HhJ6P_ONNCAVy7CJNSmga7WX4ln2CgAxZB6ycfzg/viewform>.
If you are known with us you can use our signal account
<https://www.signal.org/> or* RCS
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Communication_Services> *to chat, or we
share an cloud environment.*
===
Omdat e-mail een oud en onveilig internetprotocol van de eerste generatie
is, zullen we op termijn stoppen met het gebruik van e-mail. Als u contact
met ons wilt opnemen en niet bij ons bekend bent, kunt u het
contactformulier
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeW6oPf3_HhJ6P_ONNCAVy7CJNSmga7WX4ln2CgAxZB6ycfzg/viewform>
gebruiken. Als u bij ons bekend bent, kunt u ons signal
<https://www.signal.org/>-account of RCS
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Communication_Services> gebruiken om te
chatten, of we delen een uitwisseling omgeving.