This recent McKinsey article does an excellent job explaining the value of
open source to enterprises:
https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/mckinsey-digital/our-insights/open-source-e-commerce-the-next-wave-of-value-for-the-enterprise

Cheers

S.

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 2:20 PM Paolo Debortoli <paolo_debortoli@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Hi. I strongly agree. I think that the message should be mainly like the
One posted for Red Hat Linux: "develop with us' (like for the features you
need); second bringing testimonials from institutions (like gen Solo from
italian army or the city of Munich, but not only); then talk about
scalability, compatibility, ability to spread (e.g. office, home, school).
Documentation and tutorial are important for institutions and professionals.
Some people for example Say Linux Is Better than Windows thanks to Better
documentation and tutorials.
'free of charge' doesn't seem a very good motivatiion.
Thanks.
Paolo

  Il lun, 6 dic, 2021 alle 23:26, James Harking<james.harking@gmail.com>
ha scritto:   Hi Marc,

I'm a huge fan of Project Libre in general, although the aesthetics have
always seemed a little off to me, such as the large logo in the left corner
and the icons used, nit picking I guess and  just a personal opinion.

What I wanted to highlight from this post is that there are a number of
complementary FLOSS projects that could naturally work together with some
collaboration. This would benefit everyone, I read a mail also a few weeks
ago about the ex maintainer of Mozilla Thunderbird creating a soft fork
(Betterbird) that is more focused and quicker to resolve bugs while
sticking to upstream.

If all these projects support and promote each other then you will be
greater than the sum of your parts. I think when municipalities and
organisations are looking for replacements for Microsoft Office you need a
wider spread of software and some cross promotion will make all>

*Simon Phipps*
*Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
*Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816