HI *,

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 1:46 AM, Kingswells Computercraft
<support@kingswellscomputercraft.co.uk> wrote:

It is the main LO icon I'm talking about;  it's not so much what's wrong
with it, so much as what it lacks - as I stated in my original message:

I don't think it is our main Logo that is lacking something - simple
is beautiful :-) - but of course we could need some additional
artwork, like a mascot character..

See http://www.mail-archive.com/marketing@global.libreoffice.org/msg04402.html
or http://www.mail-archive.com/design@global.libreoffice.org/msg03213.html
for details.

http://naplatno.cz/libocon2011-days-1-2/content/DSC_1069_large.html
I'd love to have a friendly mascot-character

But I don't think that our main logo needs fancy stuff - as mentioned
earlier the simplicitly makes it suitable for easy printing, makes it
easily recognizable. If it was a logo that relied on color, you
couldn't use any background you like, and of course printing would be
either much more expensive or would use monochrome variant anyway...

ciao
Christian