Hmmm, restricting where certain amounts of money get spent is a major headache for the finance
department.  It usually seems a great idea in the first year but a few years down the road it
becomes a total Pita.

Something that doesn't restrict but just asks for a suggestion or vote and then keeping a tally
would be really smart.  It achieves roughly the same objective and is much easier to track.