I think stick with the categories that were in the 2011 calendar but only create them for 2012 as
and when they are needed.  There's no point in having an empty category.

If we had a proper calendar rather than a wiki then more categories might be a good idea but on a
wiki it seems best to minimalise headings a bit.

Just my 2cents