Hi Andreas et al

Le 2011-11-24 14:19, Andreas Mantke a écrit :

I think, this diserves a relational database, rather than a set of
wiki pages. In a wiki, we will end up with several pages, none of
them complete, many of them inconsistent. For example look at
ChemnitzerLinuxTage and LinuxTag on

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2012
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/de

One will have to follow both, in order to get all available information.

It´s a pity, that I don´t have the time to create a DB and bring it
up. :-/
Hmm. That maybe a task for the future, when we attend a big bunch of events.
Currently I think, we can manage the events with a wiki page and the calendar modul
of Silverstripe or a embedded Google calendar.

Regards,
Andreas
Unfortunately, Andreas, this is true. However, if we can manage, right from the start, an organized way of inputting our events, then all people inputting events would follow the same template; events would be categorized; participants would be noted in the events data. This would allow us to go back and evaluate our success at event participation and show LibreOffice users that we are organized at inputting events.

I would favour a website-based calendar for inputting events rather than a wiki page. There are enough of us now with admin rights to Silverstripe to input the events as they come up. And, even better, maybe some member(s) would take the initiative and input future events where a "call for participants" could be made on the lists. There would be no need to keep making up different wiki pages, the calendar database take care of storing the events.

If we can do a website calendar-based events registry then there is no reason to do it now. We just need someone to put it on the site and let us "users" who are interested in filling it start using it. No need for a wiki if we are using a calendar. Otherwise we are constantly trying to update too many pages.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com