Hi Stefan, *,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Stefan Weigel
<stefan.weigel@bildungskreis.org> wrote:
Am 25.11.2011 12:11, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
[...]
Nah, the idea would not to have it twice, but only in silverstripe -
if you need it elsewhere you can write a short script to convert a rss
feed of something like that.

Would the calendar module hold organizational information as well?
For example:

Well, you can enter whatever information you want. There is no extra
fields for that in the input-form if that is what you meant.
And you are not limited to the announcement-type style of Events, but
can create Event Pages, i.e. regular HTML pages with whatever content
you like.

Will there be a possibility to separate the info, that is targetted
to website visitors, from the info, that is targetted to booth staff
et cetera?

No - at least I don't know how this should look like. But of course
you can just add a link to the wiki dealing with the specific event.
If you need dedicated info for "booth staff etc", then you will
probably have a dedicated page anyway. So once again I'm not sure how
that separation should look like.

Can booth staff and speakers easily access the calendars data base,
in order to edit the organizational information?

The Event calendar is a special page in the CMS - so anyone who has
access to the cms can edit the data.

For the latter, a wiki page would be the best. But then, as
explained, we suffer from redundant/inconsistent data storage. :-/

Well - info for participants is not what I'd call duplication - as you
were asking for separation anyway. Now it is separated into two
different platforms, so no big deal (IMHO).

ciao
Christian